- Doorways and decks. First impressions count. New doors, entries and decks score with buyers.
- Polish the landscape. Prune bushes and trees, mulch beds, cut the grass.
- Open up. Remove non-structural walls to create the open floor plan buyers love.
- Take care of maintenance: plumbing, paintwork, siding, windows, doors, insulation, furnace, AC systems. Power wash the exterior.
- Lighten up. Brighten up small spaces to make them feel larger. Open curtains and blinds. Fix damaged windows. Add motion detectors for outdoor lights.
- Floor them. Repair damaged flooring. You could replace old wall-to-wall carpets and old vinyl and linoleum with new flooring.
- Spiff up kitchen and bath. Re-face cabinets and install up-to-date hardware, clean tile grout, apply fresh caulk, replace faucets, install comfort-height, low flush toilets.
- Green all updates. Make sure anything you replace is Energy Star rated.
- Repaint rooms with neutral colors. Touch up where you can.
- Fix anything that stands out for the wrong reason: old wallpaper, broken thresholds, cracked walkways.
To finance a home purchase, or refinance to fund improvements or for lower rates, please text, email or call us…. Have a great day!
P.S.: Mortgage rates are still near historical lows; ask us about today’s excellent options